Bored of eating Maggi every time you get hungry and want your food in literally two minutes? Try this recipe for homemade Paneer Macaroni. It’s delicious and super easy to make!
Quick-fix Paneer Macaroni (Serves 2-3)
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Five cloves of garlic
10 pieces of sun-dried tomatoes
2 bell peppers (red and yellow), chopped
1/2 zucchini, chopped
1 TSP pasta seasoning
Red chilli flakes, to taste
150 grams durum wheat macaroni
150 grams of paneer (I used Modern Dairy‘s Malai Paneer), cubed.
Half a handful of Pine nuts
7-8 Basil leaves
1/4 cup milk
Salt, to taste
Olive oil, 2 tbsp
For the macaroni:
- Add the durum wheat macaroni to water with some salt and a few drops of olive oil. The olive oil and salt are a must to ensure that the macaroni don’t stick together.
- Bring to boil and cook till soft.
- After boiling, let it stand for a few minutes.
- Drain the water and let it cool.
For the seasoning:
- Finely cut garlic and sauté with sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, pasta seasoning, basil leaves, and chilli flakes. Add the milk to soften the sun-dried tomatoes. Let the mixture simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the paneer, bell peppers and zucchini. Add salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- The creamy paneer enhances the spicy and tangy flavours of the macaroni.
- Once cooked, add the macaroni and mix well. Don’t worry if the macaroni breaks.
- Serve hot.
Do let us know if you try it at home and how it turned out!